Friday, April 15, 2011

Week 12

I liked the site voicethread.com, right as you got to the site it introduced voicethread to you and told you all about the neat features that can be used with it. There was a video to watch and also some text to introduce it to you. I think be able to leave comments in many different ways is a neat concept, if someone was to leave a voice comment you could hear the tone of their voice and maybe understand what they are trying to say better than with just text.

I would use this for my lesson plan because it would be a good way for students to be able to log on use the internet and tell leave question comments or tell me what they liked and disliked about the lesson or what they didn't understand. Also this gives other students in the class to help their classmate out by answering their questions that they see posted.

Technology is evolving so much and their is so much that is being introduced to the classroom. I think that it is great to have technology to help keep the students attention, but the cost might be the downfall of these great ideas. On this site however it did say that there was no software to purchase and I think that is a great advantage for teachers and schools.

Sources: www.voicethread.com

2 comments:

  1. This would be a great tool to use in the classroom, because like you said the students could leave comments to tell you what they liked or disliked. I would use this in my lesson plan as well because I feel like since our world has evolved so electronically, that we have to reach out to our students in a way that fits them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad there is no software to purchase because now it can be used for anyone who wants to. Teachers wont worry about coming out of pocket or asking the principles to squeeze it in the budget. Awesome site

    ReplyDelete